It’s been a long winter and your friends and family are looking for a reason to celebrate in the sun. Why not kick off the opening of “pool season” by hosting an unforgettable aboveground pool party? Here are six ideas for party themes, along with some general suggestions to make your spring pool party a success.
More than Just Fun and Games: Pool Party Themes
- Movie Night: Instead of going to an old fashioned drive-in movie, why not invite folks over to your “dive-in” theater? You can bring the movie poolside by hauling a big screen TV into your backyard, or, even better, contacting an audiovisual rental company to provide a screen and projector and serve popcorn and Junior Mints.
- Luau/Tiki Bar: Inflatable palm trees, roasted pork and pineapple, fruity cocktails, and Hawaiian shirts as a dress code make for a fun atmosphere. Party supply stores almost always carry tropical themed items, and with a few well-placed pineapples and some citronella tiki torches, your pool will be ready for visitors.
- Nightclub: Dress up your party by transforming your pool area into a lounge using black, white, and silver accents. Black and white lounge chairs, towels, and table cloths, glamorous cocktails in martini glasses, white paper lanterns, and upscale finger foods like tapas or gourmet sliders will set the scene. Pipe in some sultry tunes and enjoy a warm evening among adults.
- Beach: Fill a couple of kiddie pools with sand and provide shovels and buckets so guests can build sand castles. Seashells, fishing nets, big umbrellas, and delicious barbecue will set the scene. Toss some oversized beach balls in the pool and around your yard, and enjoy kicking back in your favorite flip-flops.
- Finding Nemo: Take a beloved Pixar film, add your aboveground pool, and you’re bound to have happy kids! Turquoise table cloths and bright orange and white accessories will set the mood. Goldfish crackers, ocean-hued punch, and Rice Krispie treats wrapped with fruit leather to look like sushi will be a big hit with little ones, too.
- Pirates: Another surefire winner is a pirate-themed party. Kids will love the excuse to wear an eye patch or bandana, and almost anything can be made to look pirate-worthy with red and black fabric or a Jolly Roger flag. The diving board becomes a dreaded plank to walk. Plastic coins can be tossed into the pool for good swimmers to retrieve, with “pirate’s booty” prizes for the kids who collect the most.
Make Your Aboveground Pool Party-Ready
Before your backyard fills with guests, be sure that you’ve thoroughly prepped the pool for your guests. After each winter passes, take a water sample to your local pool store for testing to ensure that you’re using the right chemicals to create a healthy pool environment. Make your aboveground pool even more welcoming by keeping extra towels, flip-flops, sunglasses, and sunscreen on hand for guests who may have forgotten theirs. Provide a room for changing in privacy, and use plastic or melamine glasses and dishes poolside to avoid the dangerous combination of broken glass and bare feet. These extra steps will keep your guests safe and comfortable, freeing you to enjoy your spring pool party!
Aqua Pool Co. is the largest pool and spa supply store on the entire Mississippi Gulf Coast! Our Gulfport showroom features 12 above ground pools, hot tubs, and spas and our selection of pool and spa chemicals is second to none. We also offer pool equipment, free water testing and water chemistry consulting to ensure your pool, spa and/or hot tub is safe. Check out our vast selection pool toys and games, so the fun never stops. Don’t let our large pool store fool you! Aqua Pool Co. is family-owned and operated, and every member of our staff is here to serve you with the personal customer service you deserve. Give us a call at (228) 832-9909 or come by and see us at 11296 Lorraine Rd., Gulfport, MS 39503 today!