June is National Iced Tea Month! To help you celebrate, we’re giving you recipes to our favorite iced teas- perfect for serving poolside all summer long!
Southern Sweetened Tea
This classic is easy to make and loved by just about everybody south of the Mason Dixon line.
6 cups water
4 family sized tea bags
1-1 ¾ cups sugar
Bring water to the boil in a saucepan. Add tea bags and simmer for two minutes. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand for ten more minutes while the tea steeps. Remove the tea bags and add sugar, stirring until it’s dissolved. Allow to cool before pouring over a glass full of ice. Garnish with fresh mint or a lemon.
(Appeared in Southern Living in June 2000)
• 3 cups water
• 2 whole cloves
• 1 family-size tea bag
• 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
• 1/2 cup orange juice $
• 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice $
• 2/3 cup sugar
• Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs,orange slices
1. Bring 3 cups water and cloves to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and add tea bag; steep 10 minutes.
2. Discard tea bag and cloves. Add fruit juices and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves. Chill and serve over crushed ice. Garnish, if desired.
(Appeared in Southern Living August 2012)
• 8 regular-size hibiscus tea bags
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 navel orange, sliced
• 1 lime, sliced
• 3 cups ginger ale, chilled
1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, and add tea bags. Cover and steep 10 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved; add orange and lime slices. Cover and chill 2 to 6 hours. Stir in ginger ale, and serve over ice.
2. Note: We tested with Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger Herbal Tea.
Not too sweet and not too bitter, this tropical twist on traditional sweet tea uses fresh lime juice for a refreshing treat on a hot summer day. Found on Allrecipes.com.
• 1 gallon boiling water
• 6 black tea bags
• 1 1/2 cups white sugar
• 4 limes, juiced
Pour the water into a gallon sized jar over the tea bags. Allow to steep for 45 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags. Stir in the sugar and lime juice until the sugar has dissolved. Cool to room temperature; refrigerate until cold before serving.
– – –
Aqua Pool Co. is the largest pool and spa supply store on the entire Mississippi Gulf Coast! Our Gulfport showroom features 12 above ground pools, hot tubs, and spas and our selection of pool and spa chemicals is second to none. We also offer pool equipment, free water testing and water chemistry consulting to ensure your pool, spa and/or hot tub is safe. Check out our vast selection pool toys and games, so the fun never stops. Don’t let our large pool store fool you! Aqua Pool Co. is family-owned and operated, and every member of our staff is here to serve you with the personal customer service you deserve. Give us a call at (228) 832-9909 or come by and see us at 11296 Lorraine Rd., Gulfport, MS 39503 today!