Enjoy every moment of the beautiful weather by dinning poolside. This dish is a slight change from the typical lamb gyro, yet still delicious. Whether you make these beef gyros for lunch or dinner give this meal will add a Mediterranean feel as you gaze into the serene waters of your pool.
5 Servings Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 whole pita breads
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carton (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and cucumber; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Layer half of each pita with the steak, tomato, olives, onion, feta
- cheese, lettuce and dressing mixture. Bring edges of each pita over filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 gyro equals 654 calories, 41 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,086 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Recipe from Taste of Home:
– – –
Aqua Pool Co. is the largest pool and spa supply store on the entire Mississippi Gulf Coast! Our Gulfport showroom features 12 above ground pools, hot tubs, and spas and our selection of pool and spa chemicals is second to none. We also offer pool equipment, free water testing and water chemistry consulting to ensure your pool, spa and/or hot tub is safe. Check out our vast selection pool toys and games, so the fun never stops. Don’t let our large pool store fool you! Aqua Pool Co. is family-owned and operated, and every member of our staff is here to serve you with the personal customer service you deserve. Give us a call at (228) 832-9909 or come by and see us at 11296 Lorraine Rd., Gulfport, MS 39503 today!